CDEA’s Creative Economy Incubator in collaboration with GIZ and the EAC makes a call for its Audio-visual Incubation Programme focusing on musicians in Uganda and Tanzania, to take place in Dar es Salaam within a period of one year.
CDEA’s Creative Economy Incubator that is being supported by the Incubator for Integration and Development in East Africa (IIDEA), will select 16 participants from Uganda and 16 participants from Tanzania.
What we offer
- Technical and business skills development for selected incubatees
The incubator will host a musicians design boot camp for musicians in Uganda and Tanzania, to provide technical and business development support to the incubatees.
- Platforms to market creative enterprises and services
CDEA will also produce creative profiles of the incubatees for CDEA’s SanaaBiz Online Portal that will be linked to the Bozza and other regional and global production and distribution platforms. The incubatees will also display their booths at the Mashariki Creative Economy Impact Investment Conference, scheduled for May 2017.
- Mobilizing stakeholders for the Mashariki Creative Economy Impact Investment Conference
CDEA will host its inaugural Mashariki Creative Economy Impact Investment Conference in Dar es Salaam, focusing on fashion and design, film and music industries. There will be a parallel session for the music industry in East Africa. Selected incubatees will be able to market their work through booths, as well as pitching to potential investors.
- Are you a musician?
- Do you have the passion and ambition to improve your technical and business skills?
- The applicant must be an emerging musician who requires professional support.
- Must be a citizen of Uganda or Tanzania
Your motivation letter and portfolio should show us:
- Innovation and creativity
- Business model and commercial viability
- Background of the applicant and relevant strength;
- Need of professional support
Step 1: Submit the application letter with sample of your work to: Secretariat@cdea.or.tz before
January 25, 2017 addressed to:
Culture and Development East Africa (CDEA)
Plot 421, House 1001, No. 25, Usagara Street, Mikocheni B,
P.O Box 13355, Dar es Salaam
Subject: Application to CDEA Creative Economy Incubator
Step 2: Assessment and Review by the Audio-visual Incubation Programme
Step 3: Feedback to successful applicants by January 30, 2017