CDEA’s Creative economy Incubator in collaboration with GIZ and the EAC makes a call for its Design Incubation Programme focusing on fashion and accessories designers in Uganda and Tanzania, to take place in Dar es Salaam within a period of one year.
CDEA’s Creative Economy Incubator is being supported by the Incubator for Integration and Development in East Africa (IIDEA) will select 16 participants from Uganda and 16 participants from Tanzania. Females are encouraged to apply.
What we offer
1. Technical and business skills development for selected incubatees
The incubator will host a fashion and accessories design boot camp for start-up entrepreneurs in Uganda and Tanzania, to provide technical and business development support to the incubatees.
2. Platforms to market creative enterprises and services
CDEA will also produce creative profiles of the incubatees for CDEA’s SanaaBiz Online Portal that will be linked to the AfDB’s Fashionomics Online Platform and other platforms that will link designers to global fashion and design value chains. The fashion and accessories designers will also display their booths at the Mashariki Creative Economy Impact Investment Conference, scheduled for May 2017.
3. Mobilizing stakeholders for the Mashariki Creative Economy Impact Investment Conference
CDEA will host its inaugural Mashariki Creative Economy Impact Investment Conference in Dar es Salaam, focusing on fashion and design, film and music industries. There will be a parallel session for the textile and fashion and accessories design industry in East Africa. Selected incubatees will be able to market their work through booths, as well as pitching to potential investors.
· Are you a fashion or accessories designer?
· Do you have a registered start-up company in Uganda and Tanzania or plan to form one soon?
· Do you have at least another partner/ full-time staff to work with you in your start-up?
· Do you have the passion and ambition to develop a new project/product in design sectors?
· Do you have sufficient funds, or have plans to sustain your business in the coming 2 years and beyond?
1. The applicant must have his/her application-company as a start-up registered company and still in its early stage of development in which financial and professional support is much needed.
2. Must be a citizen of Uganda or Tanzania
3. The applicant-company must have as at the date of application at least two full-time staff (the applicant included)
Your motivation letter and portfolio should show us:
1. Innovation and creativity
2. Business model and commercial viability
3. Background of the applicant and relevant strength;
4. Need of professional support
Step 1: Submit the application letter with sample of your work to: Secretariat@cdea.or.tz before
January 15, 2017 addressed to:
Culture and Development East Africa (CDEA)
Plot 421, House 1001, No. 25, Usagara Street, Mikocheni B,
P.O Box 13355, Dar es Salaam
Subject: Application to CDEA Creative Economy Incubator
Step 2: Assessment and Review by the Design Incubation Programme
Step 3: Feedback to successful applicants by January 30, 2017