Programme: Organization Development
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organization: CDEA – Culture and Development East Africa
Term: One year, with possibility of renewal, three months’ probation
Culture and Development East Africa (CDEA) is a creative think tank that provides cultural and Pan-African thought leadership for creative, social and scientist innovators to create and innovate through structured workplace learning, incubation, research & advocacy and capacity building for social change. We also innovate on how space can be used to enhance sustainable workplace productivity and green community lifestyles.
Our niche is to design and develop evidence-based programmes that place culture at the centre of development in East Africa.
An East African Community where culture is at the centre of development
We exist to facilitate multi-stakeholders to use culture as a resource to stimulate innovation and find solutions for sustainable production and lifestyles
Promoting creativity and innovation
CDEA’s Core Values
- Respect for the diversity of cultural expressions
- Social cohesion, Pan-Africanism and African Cultural Renaissance
- Professional excellence, Innovation, sustainability
- Integrity, credibility, transparency and accountability
- Empowerment, justice, equality and democracy
- Promote sustainable consumption and production lifestyles in harmony with nature
“A country which lacks its own culture is no more than a collection of people without the spirit which makes them a nation” –Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere
Reporting directly to the Finance and Business Administrative Officer/or Executive Director, the logistics assistant is responsible for the administrative support to all levels of CDEA and SanaaBiz Investment Limited. Your responsibilities will include administrative tasks, front desk duties, customer service tasks, and maintaining the general needs of the office.
A potential candidate for the logistics assistant post should be able to do but not limited to the followings:
- Administrative Tasks
- Manage the travel and visa schedule of the staff and Board of CDEA and SanaBiz Investments Limited
- To draw cash on behalf of CDEA and SanaBiz Investments Limited current account to facilitate operations
- Undertake work from time to time as assigned by Finance and Business Administrative Officer and Executive Director
- Assist in managing office correspondence – email, fax, telephone, outgoing and incoming mail, post box etc and give answers to basic questions based on the communication guidelines
- Respond to callers who visit the office
- Maintain filing system and file documents (both electronic and hard copies).
- In charge of photocopying
Customer service tasks
- Shared workspace Clients (Hot Seats) supervision
- Eco Sanaa Terrace Clients
- Office supervision
- Opening and closing premises for and after work
- Keeping premises clean and smart
- Visual reminders of CDEA identity
- First Aid Box
- Fire Safety
- Backup Electricity
Procurement & Logistics
- Ensure office supplies are obtained
- Oversee maintenance and operation of office equipment
- Procurement Eco Sanaa Bar supplies
- Book keeping using Quickbooks and RetailSTAR Software
- Purchase of office miscellanies
- Take care of Housekeeping issues
The candidate should have a diploma in one of the following areas: office management , procurement and logistics management.
Note: Candidate should be expected to have experience in doing office support and logistics support stated without supervision. Gross salary for successful candidate is expected to be at least 400,000/-.
Mode of application:
Send your application letter and CV which includes two referees to Cdea.Tanzania@yahoo.com before Friday, 15 March 2018 at 2:00 PM
Expected start date of work is Monday, 1st April, 2018